1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN pay cuts?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Azrael, Apr 13, 2020.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

“Duties as assigned”.

Probably throw Greenberg another 300k to show up on Sundays and play traffic cop. The mouse saves 700k and gets a host with more of a following than Ponder.

Boom. Done.

MileHigh, BurnsWhenIPee and Liut like this.
  3. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"The Sports Reporters is back without any actual sports reporters but everyone likes these guys so we'll roll them out first and maybe someday we'll go back to panelists who are newspaper columnists. OK we won't, but come watch us on YouTube anyway!"

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

God, ain't that the truth. I used to roll out of bed every Sunday morning in college to watch The Sports Reporters. I wouldn't watch this if I was chained to my couch and this was the last thing on YouTube.

matt_garth likes this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This has been up nearly 24 hours and has about 13.5k views. Seems low. Also embarrassing to have them log in via Zoom from their attics, wearing slob clothes.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Pretty much the equivalent of newspapers and online outlets firing writers and editors and putting "citizen journalists" in their place.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In theory, a broadcast with these four guys could/should be entertaining. In theory.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

JV Vance would.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That was a pile of meh. "Parting Shots" back in the day was always a good end with all the scribes, but Schaap doing it alone is lame and the Deion/reporter stuff is a little old now too.

Don't imagine this will make my regular YouTube rotation.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Take your like etc etc :D

Draft saved Draft deleted