1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

If that milkshake had a dildo sticking straight up out of
    the straw hole, I'm guessing Watters woould be all over.

NTTAWWT, JESSE!!! ️‍ ️‍ ️‍

2. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

It's more likely that he's hemorrhaging votes. And I don't think the polls are accurately accounting for the Dobbs effect, which has led to Democratic candidates/causes being underestimated in polls since 2022.

Campaign like you're 1 point behind, but I suspect this is going to be decisive, even though Trump and his lickspittles will cry "fraud" in every corner and gum up the gears to prevent a proper count. People are sick of this motherfucker.

TowelWaver and Driftwood like this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

After 2016, I’m not predicting anything.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Excellent tweet string.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If I could assign a Button for one word, that word would be Watters.

Who cares what that guy has to say. He was promoted by the Big Bad Wolf to replace Tucker and espouse Tucker talking points at probably 35 cents on the dollar.

FileNotFound and sgreenwell like this.
  6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

He said the words "former Marine." Clearly some stolen valor.

franticscribe likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was always under the impression "once a Marine, always a Marine." Retired maybe, but never former.
    I'm surprised Alderson hasn't been the subject of a book, let alone putting one out himself. He's had an amazing career - from Vietnam to Billyball to Moneyball to the Padres and Mets. Really was at the forefront of tapping Ivy League types for GM jobs.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2024
    wicked and maumann like this.
  8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

So he’s the Moneyball answer to Tucker?

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

The Marines have always balked at the phrase "ex-Marine" and for decades "former Marine" was the preferred alternative for a Marine no longer on active duty. For some reason that phrase has recently fallen out of favor and you'll see the same pushback now that you used to see with "ex-Marine."

But "former Marine" is what generations of Marines were told to call themselves once they got out.

wicked likes this.
  10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

franticscribe likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

You hate to think this way, but I hope yesterday's event in Georgia is used as a campaign issue in that state.

Draft saved Draft deleted