1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I hate to say this, but Harris's debate performance on Tuesday needs to be strong enough to keep momentum and enough independents engaged and following through. Early voting will start soon.

dixiehack and Driftwood like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear the scientific explanation for this.

"I'm angry about Dobbs and planning to vote for Harris . . . but I won't let pollsters know that."

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

trump did not say the n word and it seems that harris's plan for her first 100 days will take at least 125 days so the choice is clear

Slacker, matt_garth, garrow and 3 others like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I thought the TSwift endorsement was coming any day now, before early voting starts?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Swift may just Michael Jordan this one.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen. After the foiled terror plot in Vienna she released a statement saying more or less that she was staying out of politics to avoid further incidents.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

If you don't already know which side of the political spectrum Taylor Swift lands on, you've never listened to her music.

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

That I can admit freely.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Pretty much any politicallly-minded Swifties have organized themselves on Team Blue by now.

2muchcoffeeman, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I get tickled when people are aghast when some band like Green Day or singer like Jason Isbell is overt with their politics outside of a song.

"Well, I'm never listening to them again!" Dude, you never listened previously if you didn't know where they fell politically.

Slacker, 2muchcoffeeman, Kato and 6 others like this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

i noticed that, too. “Retired” Marine is the term they usually use. Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Draft saved Draft deleted