1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hell, mine is still posting “legal notices” to Facebook as recently as last night as though it is some sort of privacy spell. The generation that told me I was going to hell if I started playing D&D now might as well be rolling a 20-sided die.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Had this same conversation with my aunt and uncle at Christmas with the now-infamous interrogation of my wife. "You guys told us television would rot our brains and here you are watching 10 hours a day of Fox News."

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Republicans have been doing that for decades. “9/11!” “cut and run!” “Communism!”

Not that Dems would, but there’s low hanging fruit here for them to chuck at the right-wing shriekers. “Paid Russian shill ….” rolls off the tongue nicely.

garrow likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's more about fried chicken goodness and sweet tea than politics.

2muchcoffeeman, maumann and Driftwood like this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They're just going with the Jan Brady "Russia, Russia, Russia!" eye roll these days to disarm anything about that subject. The 2024 version of Reagan's "There you go again."

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

dixiehack, it makes me indescribably sad that this twit has my relatives spellbound. when it doesn't make me angry.

franticscribe and dixiehack like this.
  9. outofplace

Translation: She found her excuse to avoid turning off people who might buy her music.

wicked likes this.
  10. outofplace

Knowing where she stands is not the same thing as her standing up and using her immense platform to motivate her fans to vote, but making even more money seems to be more important to her.

11. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

The same people who CAN'T WAIT for the Reagan movie ("I've heard there are standing ovations at the end!!!") are the same ones who now see nothing wrong with Russia or Putin.

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

"Republicans buy concert tickets too -- sometimes for their kids."

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted