1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

He's making a speech at the Economic Club of New York right now. Having difficulty reading off the teleprompter. Very low energy. SAD!

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Or maybe not having a MAGA shoot up one of her concerts is important to her.

I'd be disappointed if it this stage it was really all about money.

But I've been disappointed before.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

With a couple notable exceptions, I’m OK not knowing the political views of prominent athletes and entertainers. Usually I watch them to escape from politics and worldly problems.

Ted Nugent and Kid Rock are the two exceptions. At different times in my teens and 20s I enjoyed their music and had fun at their concerts. Now they’ve turned the latter into political rallies and I can’t go for that. (No can do)

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Who knew this song was about Melania?

You're a rich girl (rich girl), and you've gone too far
    'Cause you know it don't matter anyway (rich girl)
    You can rely on the old man's money
    You can rely on the old man's money
    It's a bitch, girl (bitch, girl), and it's gone too far
    'Cause you know it don't matter anyway, yeah (rich girl)
    Say money, money won't get you too far
    Get you too far

I Should Coco and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For me, it’s as much about the crowd a live performance or event is likely to attract. So a bro country concert or a NASCAR race doesn’t interest me.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And no, EVERYTHING does not need to be about politics.

Good grief. Let's live without being aggrieved about every single fricking thing not even remotely close to being important enough to be aggrieved over.

I realize this is the era of outrage. But I'm not interested in playing that game.

Baron Scicluna, MTM, Slacker and 8 others like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I actually wanted to see The Sound of Freedom when it first came out, but after it became a totem in the culture wars, my interest waned to the point where it’s on one of my streaming services and I don’t even want to watch it in the privacy of my own home.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Last night he thought he was still running against Biden. He’s mentally gone. Total mush.

Yet, no flood of stories about it from NYT and WaPo. It was my understanding that being too old was a critical issue in this election.

Slacker, TowelWaver and garrow like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Depending on the board to fill me in on CFTFG's latest. Just couldn't take the replay of his greatest hits at the start, and have a feeling he's just gonna boost tariffs and tax breaks for millionaires again, which will magically bring the price of everything down to pre-Covid levels!

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If his brain has fully dissolved to pudding it will be apparent at the debate.

Draft saved Draft deleted