1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Stone Cold and Flyin' Brian (from the hereafter) sneer at their efforts.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2024
    Baron Scicluna and Batman like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As I've been saying Hangman has done nothing wrong in his quest for justice against Swerve. He is the hero of the story. And, obviously, the local police department and prosecutor agree with that assessment since he was not arrested for arson.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

4. nietsroob17

Looks promising enough, but I want to see just what and who they get to talk about the last year or so.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But the IWC says AEW doesn't do longterm storytelling.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

My suspicion is that this is going to go hard on Vince, who is essentially Donald Sterling at this point. Near universally reviled, but he's got billions of dollars. Netflix just inked a deal with WWE, but nobody is going to be willing to get in front of the train. I doubt it is going to take a hard look at things like "what did Hunter and Stephanie and Nick Khan know and when?"

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Ari and TKO already buried Vince. I dont think there’s any issues the company would have with Netflix. I also don’t think its remotely fair to drag HHH and Stephanie into it withour any evidence.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Both are high level executives in the company, which was essentially a multi-billion dollar family business. You need to at least ask them tough questions like that and get it on camera, even if they're going to say "no I wasn't involved at all." Were they completely in the dark about four different sexual harassment lawsuit settlements over 16 years?

9. nietsroob17

10. nietsroob17

I look forward to seeing a gentleman's match without any outside shenanigans.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Conrad Thompson, the mortgage guy who is also Ric Flair's son-in-law and has hosted a bunch of podcasts with Flair and many other wrestling folks, says Netflix's McMahon documentary may be a "double-shovel" burial and that "some people" at WWE don't like it.

He also cohosts a podcast with Bruce Prichard, who seems like he might be "some people."

Netflix's 'Mr. McMahon' Documentary Blasted As 'Double Shovel Burial' Of Vince McMahon

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Also, if you're in Chicago and are looking for something to do tonight:

Draft saved Draft deleted