1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If?

matt_garth, 2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I mean, I know he’ll be an asshole but there’s a possibility he’s a coherent one. And Democrats ought to plan accordingly and not bet the entire farm on him drooling on the microphone.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I hope so. The only reason he “won” the last debate is because Biden was so raspy and bad. What trump actually said was ridiculous, incoherent bullshit. But he was loud and few noticed because Biden’s performance was bad.

But it shows how much a bad night can resonate. Harris will be prepared and hopefully not trip up. And trump won’t be prepared and hopefully will be exposed.

Slacker and I Should Coco like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Democrats love crossing their fingers and praying that the prevent defense works. Instead they should be trying to run up the score.

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Bwhahahahaha.

I mean. I guess in a multi-verse of infinite possibilities, that's one? ....

but really ... bwhahahahahaha.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. dixiehack

Sadly it looks like Jon Tester is flaming out in Montana and the Senate will flip. So getting any nominee through will ride on the tender mercies of Susan Collins.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I disagree. Harris and Walz are campaigning all over the place. And laying out policy plans. And their contrasting messaging to trump’s doomsday act has been effective.

In what way are they in the prevent defense?

matt_garth and UNCGrad like this.
  8. dixiehack

If he clears the bar from June of Biden looking like his circuits shorted out in the rain, that will be enough to grant him a hall pass in public opinion.

9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

It's a spin on the concept of "silent majority" -- a group of voters who are less likely to be vocal about their political beliefs in public, who refuse to answer surveys and polls, and who may even be silently opposed to what their spouses or other family members believe.

Given the intense scrutiny over Dobbs/Roe V Wade/abortion in this country, it's plausible that there is a sizeable subset of women who are staying silent but who will vote to support candidates who back codifying abortion rights. The last two elections would seem to bolster that theory, but it's just not clear enough by how much.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My wife is basically convinced, based solely on how everything has clicked into place like Legos since, that they threw that debate on purpose. Her argument was that there was zero reason to have a debate between the candidates that friggin' early to begin with as well as the fact that Biden hasn't looked as bad as that night since -- and he looked awful that night.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. Justin_Rice

Donald Trump promises he's going to cut oil prices in half in the first 12 months of his presidency, an act which would destroy U.S. oil production.

12. Justin_Rice

"If I was President today oil production would be four times higher right now."

Yeah. I have a hard time believing he's suddenly going to be coherent next week at a debate.

Draft saved Draft deleted