1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hunter Biden goes with an Alford plea.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I meant, typically. They're actually playing quite aggressively now. I think to Hillary Clinton in 2016, when her strategy was to play four corners and hope Trump wouldn't hit a shot. This is not the time to do it.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Hard agree. And they seem to be striking a nice balance of making him look small and weak (weird) but still taking seriously the very real threat his second term would pose (Project 2025, making the coup work this time).

Last edited: Sep 5, 2024
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well put. Putting out policy. Optimism as opposed to crying doom and gloom. Active as opposed to playing golf.

maumann likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Harris has been much more aggressive about pointing out CFTFG's lies and BS than Biden.

TowelWaver likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

I think it also helps that he told all the same lies during his campaign in 2020. "The stock market is going to crash! You won't have a country! We'll lose millions of jobs!"

Of course it's all crap. It won't sway the cult, but maybe it'll sway some fence sitters.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

but what if he says them with a NEW TONE

9. Deskgrunt50

That'll be the day trump really becomes president.

HanSenSE, garrow, UNCGrad and 2 others like this.
  10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Sadly, when I went to submit my answers it wanted a credit card…. IMG_4056.png IMG_4055.jpeg

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Justice Department indicted an American commentator for Russian television on Thursday, part of a broader effort by theUS government to crack down on Russia’s attempts to influence American politics.

Dmitri K. Simes, who was an adviser to Donald J. Trump’s first presidential campaign, and his wife, Anastasia Simes, were charged with violating U.S. sanctions for their work for Channel One Russia, a state-owned television station.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A Freedom On the Brink

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted