1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My favorite from that cycle is that Biden would “hurt the Bible, hurt God.”

You’d think a guy who could hurt God could forgive a few student loans without getting any lip from the judiciary.

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Gas was $2.62 this morning.

[​IMG]

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Either of those possibilities would disappoint me, but I suspect it is all about the money.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I would bet that Biden goes to church more often in a year than Trump has in his entire life.

5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I don't think Taylor is going to make a stand on this because of just how divisive things are. And I don't really blame her. But Trump may also call her a c*nt in the next two weeks, for all we know, and change that. Or, perhaps the Harris campaign is holding a Swift announcement until later. No reason to use up every single bullet right now. Give it another month when the tour cranks up again.

6. dixiehack

Rumor has it that Tuberville may go from being Washington’s problem to Montgomery’s.

Analysis: 2026 election cycle could be a wild one

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

He would be a little bit of an underdog anyway. Alabama voters want a Republican who is about 80 percent asshole for governor versus 100 percent. (I think a generation was scared straight by Fob James.) And the lt. governor has been busy ingratiating himself with billboards up and down I-65 calling for it to be widened to a minimum of three lanes from the Tennessee line to at least the Mobile Delta.

9. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

But think of how much faster we'd all be able to get to Bates House of Turkey!

2muchcoffeeman and dixiehack like this.
  10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

A Taylor Swift endorsement would change exactly zero minds. What it could conceivably accomplish is persuading young voters (who, as many people are quick to point out, do not actually vote in great numbers) to actually go vote. A social-media blue wave is completely worthless. A polling place blue wave actually matters. I’d think if Swift were to weigh in at all, it would be as close to Election Day as possible.

Slacker and gingerbread like this.
  11. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

That's exactly it. Hell, every Dem chance at the presidency from here to eternity - hopefully that is longer than the next term because of TFG - is based on turnout in six states. That's the entire bag.

Dog8Cats and maumann like this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's worse than Vance's answer. Way worse

gingerbread likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted