1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people have a legalized murder fetish.

3. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I go through metal detectors at some football stadiums and basketball gyms when I work games.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There is such a feedback loop with respect to the consumption of right wing media. My next door neighbor has FNC or a similar channel on every time I go to my backyard (I can see most of the TV in his family room), He speaks a completely different language than I do (January 6th political prisoners, Sandy the Bartender, election rigging in Georgia, etc) that I can’t talk about anything other than sports or the weather.

gingerbread likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

Who the hell is Sandy the bartender?

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Podunk Middle School where my eighth-grader goes got metal detectors for the first time this fall. She says they set off so many false alarms the first week that security started waving them through unchecked.

Hey Siri, how many school buildings are in the United States?

IMG_5977.jpeg

I’m sure we can harden them all like they were National Guard armories and it won’t make any real dent in the cap-ex budget. And surely there won’t be any psychological effects from having children feel like they’re reporting to state prison five days a week. It will all work out great and then everybody can keep their right to ring up double digit casualties with the pull of a trigger.

What a fucking amazing country this is. I think I’ll sing Lee Greenwood at karaoke night while marinating in all this freedom.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2024
    2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

AOC apparently went by Sandy when she was younger, so it’s pwning the libs somehow.

gingerbread and Webster like this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

Oh. A bartender? You mean like Sean Hannity was when he dropped out of college?

gingerbread and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I have to laugh at this anecdotal neighborhood horseshit. In deep blue north Jersey we don't have to live and breathe that poison every day. We get more board of ed lawn signs than general election signs. So far on local roads I've seen more MacLarens (2) than pickups with Fat Orange flags (1) and I like it that way.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Gas at $2.60 at Buc-ees this morning. Let's go, Brandon!

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

In a story on the Georgia shooting this morning, the NPR reporter said that roughly half of schools now have a School Resource Officer, an onsite LEO.

Draft saved Draft deleted