1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

He's very smart, Gutter. You should know this by now!

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Looks like they didn’t change it. Bastard.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If the Reds didn’t play this on the scoreboard — or any time you score nine in an inning anywhere — a ballpark operations person should be fired.

[​IMG]

Chef2 likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I just don’t trust Farhan to get that done. Snell is going to be the one to watch. Keeping Snell who be a huge get, but he’s going to get big offers after his second half, but it will be interesting if his first half squelches some of the AAV. Beyond that, there’s too many holes. Lee in center. Ramos in left. But they need a right fielder. They need a second base. Fitzgerald sides into short. Maybe someone at first. Then bullpen help and a DH. Farhan swings big and misses. Then he gets scrap heap and they middle. The farm system has produced Jack crap outside of a couple of guys.

I want Farhan gone and someone ever to take what’s good about the roster and add quality pieces and really turn the corner. Giants are right there but they’ve sat back and watched the Dodgers run away with the division and the D’Backs and Padres get worlds better. Nick Amed, Jorge Soler and a broken Robbie Ray aren’t enough to compete.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, only one American League team managed to sweep the full season series from the White Sox -- the Rangers went 7-0 against them. The Sox were swept in seven different interleague series, however.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Yankees should have DFA’d Verdugo and called up The Martian in the 6th inning last night.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Two years ago, boras played Farhan like a fool to get Judge big bucks. Last year, Farhan tried to be a player in the Ohtani sweepstakes. Thia year, Soto? Or will he come to his senses and realize this team is not a superstar away from contendimg.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

For giggles and shits, I just looked up the 1899 Cleveland Spiders. On July 21, they lost the second game of a doubleheader to drop their record to 15-68.

They went 5-64 the rest of the way.

Also a fun note, from May 20-25 that year, they went 4-2. Other than that stretch, they were 16-130.

maumann and Octave like this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Baron, I saw that if you take away the White Sox's three crazy-long losing streaks (21, 15 and something else), they still only have a .333 winning percentage.

The White Sox have allowed baseball nerds to have fun with the stats, and for that they should be commended. 32-109 - congratulations to all involved.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

They truly are bad in every way you can be bad. It’s amazing to find a team with zero bright spots.

I remember the old adage that every team wins one-third of its games and loses one-third of its games. Failing to do the first of those is the primary sign of historical bad-ness. My hat’s off to them. (My Rays hat, celebrating the fact that the Rays got swept by these same White Sox in a series in April.)

maumann and Octave like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted