1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Nothing like being dealt the ice cream cone card to leap to the end of the Candy Land board.

(Not that I would have ever stacked the deck so the child I was playing with would get that card and the game would end relatively fast. Because that would have been wrong.)

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Correct me if I am wrong. Were you not angry every time the Giants failed to sign a big free agent the last couple winters?

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Been there, done that.

Also, if I ever end up in a magical world full of candy, there better be more chocolate than the Candy Land world has!

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Down to their last strike, Parker Meadows hits a grand slam off a 100 mph plus fastball from Padres closer Robert Suarez, who hadn't blown a save since July. The Tigers might still finish .500. And the rookies are coming through in key situations. For once, I have some optimism that Detroit is on the correct path. Too bad the Guardians, Twins and Royals are already blocking the way.

Liut likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Cubs are getting 1-hitted today vs. the Yankees, the game after no-hitting the Pirates. Judge with RBI # 125.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This was mentioned at the time. The scoring changed just flipped hundreds of fantasy playoff series.

upload_2024-9-6_16-40-21.png

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I like this team, too. Talent, chemistry and enthusiasm. Where we might disagree is that it will be road-blocked by the aforementioned divisional mates.
    Stay the course.

maumann likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Surprised it took two days but it's easily the right call

outofplace likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don’t think any team improved itself more than Cleveland did at the deadline than by getting Matthew Boyd and Alex Cobb off the scrap heap. They acquired a pair of guys you can pitch in a short playoff series for relatively little. Both are crafty, experienced and unshakeable out there. The front office even has to be shocked it worked out this well. The biggest challenge is keeping both healthy until October.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So happy for Matt Boyd (Matty B, as he's known in these parts). He played at Microville Tech and for our summer team in 2010 (along with Matt Duffy and Mitch Haniger) and is an absolutely great guy. Whenever I've needed anything summer-team related, he comes through. He finally has gotten to play for a good team and he says his arm feels the best it has in years.

Hermes likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You know what they say about your fantasy team.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm in my semifinals, baby!

Draft saved Draft deleted