1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Can you be "half-uppity?" Since the whole, you know, "she's not really black, she's Jamaican and Indian."

swingline likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That's actually a logical move. Trump can't use sentencing in that case as a campaign issue between now and November and still has to face the judge before the next President is inaugurated.

As much as we'd all love to see the Orange Cheeto wearing an orange jumpsuit on Election Day, there was no way the judge was going to let this become a circus more than it already has.

Even it's just probation and a fine, that still would give Trump an opportunity to raise the rabble as a "political prisoner."

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

This is ultimately a good thing. 1, gives Trump one less thing to cry about. 2, it more than likely means there's a jail sentence coming and Merchan didn't want to interfere in the election.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Don't know if it means there's a jail sentence coming. I think it's just the wacky circumstances of it. It's the right decision.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I mean, if it's just a fine, why bother waiting?

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

They’ll be no sentencing or justice if he wins. State case or not. It won’t matter. He’s gotta lose. It’s ridiculous we’re here with this fucking disgraceful, traitorous felon.

Slacker, garrow, HanSenSE and 4 others like this.
  8. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

He was never going to face jail time. It was always going to be probation and some sort of fine and restrictions.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Not sure I believe she's going to annihilate him in a debate. I've been waiting for 8+ years for a strong speaker to beat him to a bloody pulp with facts while he stands there wide-eyed and dumbfounded that someone finally stood up to him, to give him the ol' Elizabeth Warren v. Michael Bloomberg, and it hasn't happened yet. He's too slippery. You see it in the way he talks about everything. He alludes to a lot more than he actually says and that's been giving him legal outs for 7 decades. There's a devastating case to be made against him (obviously most of the people here agree) but I've yet to see the speaker who can lay it out in his face.

UNCGrad likes this.
  10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Karma would be four years of electronic monitoring, beginning Jan. 19, 2025.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Michael Cohen was sentenced to jail for his side of the payment to Stormy Daniels.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Let's hope so.

Draft saved Draft deleted