1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

"Man isst, bis man satt werden."
    — Not Goethe

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Allred has had saturation ads on television for a couple weeks now, dating back to the Olympics. It's only recently that Cruz has matched him, I'm assuming because of the recent polls that had Allred within the margin of error. There was one outlier poll that had Allred within 2 points, but the most recent one from UT has him 8 points behind. (Apologies if this has been mentioned already; been busy with baby most of the day and couldn't look back through 15 pages.) However, that's not quite as bad as it seems, since that same poll had Allred down by 16 in December, 14 in February, 13 in April and 11 in June.

Since Cruz is now spending on ads, Allred probably needs Harris to turn the general in more of a runaway nationwide, or to excel in a debate, to have a real shot. There's nothing scheduled right now, but Cruz debated Beto in September 2018, so I imagine that would be the time frame if there is one.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Wasn't Beto O'Rourke supposed to be that politician to change Texas politics?

The state flipping has been around for a while and I see no proof it will happen.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Does no one else other than Rafael know how to talk Texan?

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

responding here but because of several posts: considering the thread topic and what takes place in less than two months, I feel it's relevant. There is a method to the madness in that I only post new stuff. There's A LOT of things that get clipped from whatever he's doing when he opens his mouth. I avoid the repetitive bullshit that is his standard fare because we've all heard it before. the last week or so I have put common themes/topics/riffs in one post so the thread doesn't get clogged with four or five in a row and it is easier to scroll past if you want to avoid.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2024
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Turnout in Texas is usually quite crappy - and I'm guessing some folks like it that way.

7. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Texas flipping will happen when you get that pot of gold on the other side of the rainbow.

TigerVols likes this.
  9. DanOregon

Last edited: Sep 7, 2024
  10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The funding of Russian interests in the loathsome right-wing podcastphere is unsurprising and deeply troubling. What a damning status for the right in our country: greedy, dishonest hacks spouting Russian propaganda just like their outer boroughs sleazebag god-king.

Now, if big left-wing "influencers" had all been propped up with Iranian dough....

Patchen and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. DanOregon

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if some petro dollars from the Middle East made their way into funding all the Palestinian protests that have been going on in the last six months. But I think the only "pro-Palestinian" cable host quit earlier this year.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted