1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Allow me to put on a tinfoil hat here … this week there have been countless unverified threats of school shootings across the country. That’s the work of bots, right?

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Or hoping for an apology or something in the form of a few happy meals for his kids.

"Don't be confused by their costumes, Ronald and the Hamburgler are servants of Satan!"

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m afraid this may get lost in the tsunami of memes, but maybe the Swifties can help bring this back up. The best rhetorical moment of the night.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fat Orange Media nearing its all-time low after last night's spittle-thon.

6. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

It looked like she wanted to call him a ‘motherfucker’ so badly. I wouldn’t have blamed her if she had. But she exercised presidential-level restraint.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We knew what she was thinking.
    Because we thought it too.
    And that's all that matters.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Definitely a lotta ball left to play. But so far it’s been flawless.

It’s not just that the change from Biden to Harris went so smoothly. But her campaign, so far, hasn’t made any major mistakes or unforced errors.

Debates can go badly in a hurry. But her performance was really good. Made her case. Offered a plan and a path. And reminded those watching how deranged and unfit trump is. He’s really deteriorated over the last few years.

And boy did he look old and unstable. Old man yelling at cloud. While she looked presidential.

garrow, jr/shotglass, qtlaw and 2 others like this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I thought it was gonna be this “fucking guy.” But maybe that’s because it’s what I say so often.

garrow, Neutral Corner and TowelWaver like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

NSFW with language, because we know what Harris WANTED to say.

matt_garth, bigpern23, garrow and 6 others like this.
  12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

There's always a big spike in the unsubstantiated threats, going back to Paducah and Columbine, and probably earlier than that, whenever one of them actually happens.

Somewhat of a tangent, but I'm reminded of a kid who was part of my youth group growing up. He lived across the street from a large public high school and would call in fake bomb threats a couple of times a year, then sit on his roof and watch everyone come pouring out for shits & giggles. They finally caught him - but it was on like the fifth or sixth time. Got a slap on the wrist, but that was early 90s. Probably would go differently today.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted