1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Why Harris' overwhelming debate win is bad for Harris"

garrow, HanSenSE, TowelWaver and 4 others like this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I know that I did. I'm half-Polish and that thought has been on my mind since this whole thing started.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

800,000 according to Harris. Can you imagine Trump pulling an accurate yet obscure figure like that out of his brain?

matt_garth and garrow like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She was close to saying it, but Kamala should have said, "Sure, he'd end the war in 24 hours. He'd order the U.S. armed forces to join the war under the command of Putin and bomb Kyiv to cinders. There's nothing this fat fucking fraud would love more than going on TV and announcing, 'I have commanded our mighty military to join my noble friend Putin in storming to tremendous victory. I look forward to joining him in more magnificent triumphs.' "

Last edited: Sep 11, 2024
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

and Biden."

garrow and TowelWaver like this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

7. BitterYoungMatador2

I don't think we are giving him the credit due for changing "Black jobs" to "African American and Hispanic jobs."

Tremendous adjustment on the fly. Like a defensive coordinator who switches up the blitz packages.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

There’s no way he’d capitalize “Black” per AP style.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I watched the entire thing, just to see what Trump would do. The issues are the same as they've been, so the rhetoric would be the same. I just wanted to be an eyewitness if he melted down, had a heart attack or started screaming about the black bitch, etc. etc. etc.
    I congratulate him for basically maintaining a certain level of composure. His only "plus" was asking why she hasn't implemented anything in 3-1/2 years. Her answer of they've been busy cleaning up his mess from the previous 4 years was what I've felt for a long time. His continual "I'm the best of the best, she's the worst of the worst" was irritating. He included Biden in that.
    But her digs were great and her reaction to the "eating pets" thing was impressive. That will be the most memorable aspect of the whole thing and is one of the least important issues. I was surprised he brought up the number of votes he's gotten. That was idiotic. She really zinged him with "and 81 million people fired you."

I was watching on CBS. Afterward, I stayed with them for a few minutes as their panel went through and all agreed that she baited him and he took the bait. She routed him. Then I switched to CNN. I don't watch much except for hard news coverage, but I've been led to believe they are gravitating to the right. All I heard was Harris kicked Trump's ass. Then I decided to take a look at Fox News. Spent 10 minutes. Hannity was the host and he interviewed Marco Rubio, Republican senator from Florida, and Ted Cruz, Republican senator from Texas. They both raved about how well Trump did. That was enough.

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think Alma may have hit on the zeitgeist last night. The country writ large is Bill Belichick growling “We’re on to Cincinnati!” and Trump keeps serving up the same old leftovers past their sell-by date.

Nine years of this has worn us all out. People want to change the channel.

matt_garth, garrow, HanSenSE and 6 others like this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He could help himself by not being so doggone boring.

Boring, and not weird, is the keyword for these folks. They are played out.

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"They're taking Black jobs and that's with a capital B if you're at all up to date with AP style which I am because there's never been someone with a grasp on grammar like me in the history of the world so capital B Black jobs ..."

Last edited: Sep 11, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted