1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I kept turning it on and then turning it off. He'd say some tired old bullshit and and I couldn't stand it. Then I'd go back to it, 'cause it's important and I'm curious. But if I ever hear about nine month abortions again I'm going to jump down somebody's throat.

Webster likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hearing Trump talk about so much junk about Venezuela is funny considering he and Maduro are big buddies.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don't know if celebrity endorsements really matter all that much. But I do know I'd rather have the Swifties for me than against me.

bigpern23 and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

AMEN. Thank goodness that was FINALLY fact checked. It drives me bonkers that his people take that lie as gospel.

And I was impressed Muir had the fact-check ready on 'EATING PETS" since that's a relatively new racist bullshit lie.

Fred siegle, TowelWaver and qtlaw like this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Holt wouldn't have done shit. He and his network are all in on the Trump candy, especially so in the last three years. NBC has become a damn disgrace to journalism. I liked Holt for years, but I'm done with him.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I just read the complete Taylor Swift post. I've never been a fan - not a hater at all - just not into her music. But dang, I wish ALL celebrity endorsements were as respectful of their audiences as hers was. She explained what issues were important to her, why she was supporting Harris, and encouraged people to do their own research and to vote. I have no criticisms of anyone, no matter who they support when they are that clear and concise.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

From a friend:

“How mom looks when I told her my homework was done and she knew my teachers.”

IMG_5993.jpeg

Fred siegle, garrow, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's a clip up on Youtube from the John Stewart debate show. It's what you'd expect, and he was pretty good. Anyhow, what got the first big laugh out of me was that it was titled "Indecision '24, now with 50% less old man".

Last edited: Sep 11, 2024
    TowelWaver and maumann like this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

We're not 18, my friend. (Pretty sure you're closer than me, but anyway.)

But as I alluded to last night, I don't think it's a great endorsement for this country if Swift did move the election needle. That would seem to trivialize all this.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What's interesting is that Trump animated Harris. Like, he comes in a room and that was fun for her. And, since he loves being a bully and yelling a lot, he had a good time.

Draft saved Draft deleted