1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Quoting myself to note that I messed up and meant to say "Taylor Swift endorsing Kamala immediately after the debate grabs the attention of the exact people who were probably not watching TV last night and points at the stupid stuff like a 20-something sharing a meme.

God, it's been a day.

dixiehack and maumann like this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Absent the price of gas, or loose money policy at the Fed or price supports for soybeans, I wonder if Taylor Swift has some insight into the hard knock politics of being an American woman.

I wonder.

tea and ease and dixiehack like this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

this is joe biden's america

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Again, does Trump seem like he has spent even a nanosecond as POTUS? More like drunk racist at b-dubs for the past 16 years.

tapintoamerica and Fred siegle like this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I watched the first taylor swift movie - Miss Americana - where just was just jumping into the political fray. I can't remember her talking about anything but women's rights and women's reproductive rights in that movie. As she is still a young woman, I do not think at all she is disconnected from the issues of most American women.

Edit - this echoes what @Azrael said three posts above this,

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This feels a bit like Obama to me. I was somewhat aware from the 2004 DNC. But when he got rolling in 2007 I got on board quickly. Mostly because for most of my voting life at that point, all I had basically were Bushes and Clintons on the ballot. And it was old and stale.

Just like trump is now.

Edit to add: I am no way saying this is any way in the bag for Harris. Just more of the "new, fresh" feel at this point in the election season.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2024
    wicked and tea and ease like this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Last night’s debate earned an overnight rating of 32.8 and a 70 share across eight networks. That’s +28% higher than the Trump-Biden debate earlier this year.

8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Along with wanting to see her and if she said anything of substance regarding plans, I'd guess the majority wanted to watch him and see if he melted down, had a stroke or anything else.

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Introducing the US Post Office new line of stamps circa 2064.

garrow likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The only thing better than posting something dumb once is doing it twice!

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

She donates a lot of money to food banks in every city she tours, and that's just some of the charity we know of. Which I know doesn't automatically make her "connected" but, with that and previous points mentioned, I genuinely think she's got a pretty good handle on issues for someone in her stratosphere.

Then again, I have two Swiftie daughters so I'm pretty much drowning in all things Tay-Tay.

2muchcoffeeman and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. hickory_smoke

hickory_smoke Member

Wendell Willkie capturing the 1940 GOP nomination was quite shocking. He was a business leader who only switched from the Dems to the GOP the previous year. Still. FDR defeated him soundly in the general election.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2024
    garrow and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted