1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Nothing going on in MLB this afternoon and it surprisingly isn't going on in Chicago.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I hope Bailey doesn't Falter.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You know, every time I watch the Chisox in recent days, they're having some level of success.

I can only conclude it's me.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What’s the exchange rate on pitches in Toronto? Cuz Bowden Francis has a no-hitter through eight and 108 pitches thrown.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Lindor just crushed one to end that.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

And the Mets have scored 5 more after the HR.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

First off, screw Gary Cohen, who declared the Mets' season over when they were down in game two of a doubleheader against the Tigers at Citi Field in like the first week of the season.

That said, their resurgence over the course of the last month has mostly just been a case of playing teams (White Sox, Angels, A's, Rockies) that are terrible. Though Montero deserves his flowers, the Rockies no-saled the shit out of that game pretty much from the get-go. Detroit stole the Williamsport game and the series from the Yankees in mid-August but they dropped 2 out of 3 against the Red Sox, Cubs and Padres. It's nice for them to be playing well and a little relevant after Labor Day. I'd be perfectly happy if they finish off at or above .500. Lots to look forward to.

Also, in a detail that only I may find amusing, the Tigers managed to get walked off at least once in every single series they played in the Pacific Time Zone this year.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The White Sox are the first team I’ve ever seen where baseline expectation is that you sweep them.

maumann likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Tigers 6, Rockies 0, end 1

maumann likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I swear, if Dean Kremer ever runs into a bit of trouble, he's a lock to make it just a little worse.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Gunnar Henderson hits a rope to left that is caught.

Red Sox music guy plays "The Sweet Escape," which is Gunnar's walkup song at home.

Two batters later, Santander prison fucks a ball to right to tie the game.

Dumb ass Red Sox. Don't poke the bear.

12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Sixteen games to play. Six wins to finish at .500. Seven to have a winning record for the first time since the Obama Administration.

Draft saved Draft deleted