1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Undecided voters only exist in political punditry. Undecided is a code for uninformed.

Or, as Gene Wilder put it...

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Shades of Big and Little Enos.
    [​IMG]

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Anyone ever figure out who the fuck Abdul is? I assume he called trump “sir” with tears in his eyes.

5. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I suppose it's because he never went slack jawed for a minute, and didn't have that gravely, unintelligible voice during the debate. Has he in the past? Sure. But not like Biden AT the debate. Which is what people saw THAT night. Dems responded to, and changed horses mid stream. Rightfully, and with constitutional originalists understanding. People age differently. Sorry, I don't see signs Trump has dementia, I see signs Trump is too old, with expected memory loss, evil to his core, and not fit to be president. Oh, and never was.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And when decent folks see Trump and Vance

[​IMG]

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is why Taylor Swift has the potential to have such a big impact in the first place. I know it's part of why I was wishing she could have been included in the Democratic National Convention. She really is a force to be reckoned with, and if you follow her at all, you know she always has been. Because she's smart, thoughtful, engaged and caring. Truly a good person who tries to wield her public influence and financial clout for good. She is not only well-known and well-liked, but also star-powerful for good reason beyond just the fact that she is simply popular.

That makes her and her viewpoint very valuable. The goodwill she tends to spread is exactly what this country needs, and needs to encourage, as Harris's campaign seems to be attempting to do. Having Swift squarely on her side is a great thing.

HanSenSE, matt_garth and tea and ease like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yes yes it was so hard to anticipate any of those questions. Remember they cried the same bullshit about Hillary? She had the questions ahead of time!! She made an appearance in Flint, Mich., and they asked her about drinking water!!

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Again as someone else posted, watch (I think Netflix) Miss Americana and you'll see her struggle with a previous endorsement. The doc made me think of her in a different light, so it did it's job!

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Songbird, Deskgrunt50 and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

It’s also ridiculous that he keeps quoting those AMAZING poll numbers (the only ones he's seen, apparently), and rarely gets any kind of pushback that they aren’t legit. (I know in that one scrum, someone yelled “where did you see these polls’’ or something like that. And if he’s so stupid that he doesn’t know the difference between a real poll and that bullshit, he's dumber than we all thought he was. If he knows they are bullshit, he is dumber than we all thought he was because he thinks anyone outside his tribe would believe it. Win-Win.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

She posed with a cat in the endorsement. That’s funny and clever, but it’s also a tell that, really, there’s no particular equanimity at play here. Nor. Does. There. Need. To. Be. But the idea that Swift is some paragon of studied political sobriety…no.

And people know that. They know instinctively there’s no circumstance in which Taylor Swift would endorse a Republican publicly. It’s why the endorsement means very little. She’s doing exactly what everyone already knew she’d do, and already has done in 2020.

Draft saved Draft deleted