1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

And Truth Social stock (DJT) off 10%

tapintoamerica and HanSenSE like this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This is shitty-tasting word salad. Top-40 radio even in its diminished state caters to all demos, even the poors. If you think her listeners are exclusively middle class brats, you’re wrong.

2muchcoffeeman, Dyno, SixToe and 2 others like this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Trump: She seems to always endorse a Democrat and she’ll probably pay a price for it in the marketplace.

There's my LOL for the day. Yep, when Swift arrives here in Indianapolis this fall I'm sure below-face-value tickets will be everywhere.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I thought GWAR would have been filling arenas once they fed Bill Clinton to The World Maggot

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It would not surprise me one bit if CFTFG said exactly that. Dude is that predictable.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What on earth are you even talking about?

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Couple nights ago, I had the zeitgeist.

Question the value of Taylor Swift, and I’m back in crapsville.

On CNN Tuesday night, Dana Bash was hyperventilating over Swift’s endorsement, and Abby Phillip, no Trump apologist, suggested the Harris campaign needs to attract men, and Swift’s endorsement doesn’t accomplish that. She’s right.

But Harris’s debate performance might. Men like prosecutors thundering away, she was a good prosecutor. Again, I think Trump liked her.

Harris’ instincts - her convention speech, her debate - have been better than the vibe around her, including the one Walz gives off. The “crap on Vance” stuff didn’t have a lasting effect. She has resisted the “weird” urge, as is wise. But she’s been a good combo of tough and welcoming.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He did (yesterday on Fox News).

Kato likes this.
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Trump's lawyer Sauer (Sower?) is unlistenable as an oral advocate. His voice is worse than RFK Jr.'s.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Right now, it's all about her ability to reach people. She's sold as aspirational. To those who are comfortable, it's the narrative about being part of the squad. There's another segment of her fanbase that struggles (SES, social liminalization.) Taylor Swift represents the life they think they want.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Guess what?
    They aren't good people.

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was running errands last night and remembered I needed to pick up some Claritin. I whipped into a Walgreen's on the edge of a downtrodden neighborhood, hard against a state highway. It's the type of place where panhandlers work all four corners of the intersection. The type of place you'd never want your wife or kids going after dark. I'm sure the PD gets called there pretty regularly for various reasons.

But, obviously, it caters to wealthy progressives, and just wealthy people in general, given the number of Taylor Swift magazines displayed next to the cash registers.

Draft saved Draft deleted