1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Never underestimate the laziness of national distributors.

My wife's store is in the middle of Trumpland in an 88.85% white town with a median age of 65.5. And every February they have a Black History Month display that goes basically unsold, and every June they have a ton of Pride merchandise that goes unsold.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2024
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Beau's on camera successor, Belle, tickles me when she refers to anything Trump puts out on Truth Social. "Trump recently said on a minor social media platform that..."

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From the looks of the magazine racks, they appear to have sold about half the inventory.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Taylor Swift would never endorse a Republican because they all think she’s a godless whore.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why are you pushing this weird narrative about Trump liking Harris? Seriously, even if it were true, who cares?

Also, given everything has said about her and the bitter look he had on his face every time he was on camera while she was speaking, you are most likely wrong. Also, Trump only likes people who kiss his ass and help him get things he wants. She does not do those things.

6. Inky_Wretch

Re: Taylor Swift's endorsement

I still think she sits this one out if Trump didn't share that AI image of her endorsing him.

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Yanow, the don't you DARE criticize whoever the flavor of the month is gets old.

I get it. There's a lot at stake and real evil is right at the threshold. Contend with that first. However, once we've closed that circle, looking at the content of the work and messages of our champions isn't a bad thing.

I was not 100% on board with Obama's policies. That does not make me racist. I think he's a good person. I think he was an above aerage president. I did volunteer work for his campaigns and I voted for him both times.

I think Hillary Clinton is vile. That does not make me sexist. She was the lesser of two evils in 2016. I did volunteer work for her campaign and I voted for her.

I am not a Swiftie, but I am related to a few of them, taught her as a substitute teacher, own some of her CDs. I am glad she spoke up and frankly, I'm proud of her. Now, does it mean that looking at what she says and does and who she appeals to equals not respecting her? Come on, man.

Slacker, swingline, UNCGrad and 6 others like this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Seriously.
    Who gives a flying fuck if Trump likes her?

9. Inky_Wretch

I think you're confusing "disrespecting" with "dismissing."

Having the most-popular pop star in the world endorse your campaign (or product for that matter) is a big deal.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Aside from this political moment, the last time I thought of Taylor Swift was when I googled how tall Hadrian's Wall is...and it googled how tall Taylor Swift is. She's 5'11 and the wall is 15

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I didn’t write exclusively. I wrote most of all.

A lot of Swifties live perfectly good, even enviable lives - certainly enviable by any world standards. They’re well ahead, in other words, while viewing themselves as behind.

She’s an artist for the rule-following wealthy. She is. And she’s a pretty good artist. She’d be a great music critic and a probably an excellent professor. But she’s not a typical, anti-establishment rock star. She’s the establishment.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That's an awful lot of words to say nothing at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted