1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Your only gripe? How about the shit breaks within hours of using it?

maumann likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Buc'ees is all about getting you inside the doors -- and whiffing that brisket. Then all bets are off and they've got you.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I finally had a brisket-and-egg taco a few weeks ago. Not bad. Needed some fresh salsa and jalops. Putting out a salsa-sauce bar in that place probably would make the Animal House food fight look tame, though.

I had a brisket sandwich last week, first time. Too much sauce. If you have to drown it in sauce then, eh, meh. Wasn't terrible, though.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Buc-Cee’s barbecue is exactly what it is … gas station barbecue that isn’t the reason you stop there.

SixToe likes this.
  5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Best things at Buc'ees:

Clean bathrooms with ample room for No. 1, 2 or cleanin' the kids' poo

Ample gas pumps and space to get around

The carwash ... whoa whoa whoa yeah, th' carwash

The place is well-lit and feels safe; never have heard of any bullshittery at one

Coffee's good, or good enough

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How are we going to have a Buc-Ee’s threadjack and not mention the wall of jerky?

IMG_5995.jpeg

The beaver nuggets are way overhyped though. Density of Corn Pops but the fiberglass texture of Cap’n Crunch.

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Everything about that place sucks, except the bathrooms.

Their jerky is worse than Trump steaks. It’s drier than Linda Cohn’s beav.

SixToe likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I buy gas there. Very seldom do I go inside.

The brisket isn't all that great but what you get is very consistent. It was a decent buy when it was $6.99. Now it's what, 8.99? Too much money for the quality you get. They get me on breakfast burritos once in a while if I'm there that early.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Gas has been whippy-whoppy all summer. I've seen it as low as $2.57 and as high as $3.27 and back down in a matter of weeks. The trend looks downward for now as Gulf hurricanes don't appear as critical to the marketplace anymore.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

There is a Sinclair station in West Laramie that has about 8 free vacuuming stalls. Used it several times on our most recent trip. Wonderful perk.

MileHigh likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It took me a second read before realizing this was not a continuation of the bathroom discussion.

Dog8Cats, 2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

That is nice, I'm happy to just get free air (Quik Chek around here). Also, A Sinclair station opened here recently and closed within a month to become a off-brand station.

Draft saved Draft deleted