1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Most of Gen Z, for whom she’s a role model. Who do you think they’re idolizing, Melania and Ivanka?

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Two more points about Swift.

She does take an interest in politics and has spoken out before now. She endorsed opponents of Bill Lee and Marsha Blackburn in her home state years ago. That's Tennessee, you know, that vaguely trapezoidal land mass below Kentucky? And she's not even a native, OPRAH.

Second, for every teeny weepy song she wrote when she was young, she has grown into producing music like this:

and this:

Want to mention that "The Man's" speaking voice belongs to a famous girl dad: Dwayne Johnson.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2024
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

No. It was always when she would endorse, not if.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

When MTG thinks you are too racist. IMG_4183.jpeg

5. 2muchcoffeeman

I’m bringing your cat on the liferaft. Damn my allergies.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

IG folks, TikTok stars and YouTubers.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

But will Marjorie and everyone else accept the results if Trump loses again? Or else we're never getting off this hamster wheel.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I mean, when you talk about what fans earn, what do, for example, the fans of...Sabrina Carpenter...earn? What % would earn under, say, $50,000?

I'd say, at it relates to Carpenter - a giant star of this moment - it'd be 80, 90%. Because most of her fans are teens who don't earn anything at all or they earn peanuts.

You'd only know the economic demo of Swift fans based on comparison to the eco demo of other fan bases.

My hunch? 25% earning over $100,000 is...a really high percentage of a fan base. Because I believe only about 20% of Americans earn that as individuals. So if you're drawing millions of fans from a demographic that's only represented by 20% of the population, I think you have a pretty high concentration there.

And, again, the headline says the typical fan is a millennial who lives in the suburbs and spends $1300 on a concert. Is that...a poor person to you? It isn't to me. That's a person with a good amount of disposable money. That's a house payment. Or two car payments. Or 1 1/2 car payments. On a concert.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It'll only end when he's a worm feast.

12. Neutral Corner

284 million.

OscarMadison likes this.