1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Free air still exists?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Pretty sure it's still the law in California. Implemented in the late 1990s, IIRC.

3. Neutral Corner

If you want free air around here you need to buy a compressor.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Wawa.

goalmouth likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Wawa does not exist here.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Sounds like an opportunity. They're popping up in north Jersey like dandelions.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Starting to populate around Mobile, but that’s more about Florida spillover. We do have QuickTrip, which may or may not have free air.

Sheetz remains my white whale for this market.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There’s a Wawa on every street corner in Philadelphia.

They’re expanding all over Virginia now, except where I live. The closest one to me is a half-hour away. :( It’s truly a great day when I get over to that area and stock up on soft pretzels.

Not to revisit the great SJ convenience store wars, but Wawa really is head and shoulders above anything else around here.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My wife got me a portable compressor a few years ago. It's about the size of a football and plugs into the AC outlet/cigarette lighter in the car or a wall, and is small enough to easily keep in the trunk. Wonderful item to have. I don't think it was more than $100.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When's the last time you used it? O-rings degrade over time - especially when left outside climate-controlled environments - so you might need to get some silicone oil and treat them.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

One of the really valuable private companies. And the place I saw my first Xlerator hand dryer. My cousin did their rebranding, she turned an Altoona store into a prototype that, sadly, hasn't been replicated.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Probably a few weeks ago. It's a little janky getting a good connection with the car outlet, but works fine otherwise.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted