1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I think a.) there's a chance this is over on Election Night if Harris takes North Carolina or another red '20 state but b.) there is no chance the R's drop Trump. We've been deluding ourselves into thinking the R's are finally going to kick the fucking football. They're not, at least until he's six feet under and they no longer have to worry about his Russian-acquired blackmail material.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Man, I hope Ferris is OK.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Another day, another rake.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You look at the legions of teenies at Taylor concerts, with their multicolored friendship bracelets, and think that they read the Atlantic? Their parents, who are paying for it, might. That's the part you are right about, that there are a lot of affluent people who like her and buy records and tickets, whether for themselves or their kids. OTOH, there are also a lot of not affluent people who do too, just as there was for Elvis or the Rolling Stones, or the Grateful Dead. Because they are dedicated fans, they find a way to come up with the money for a ticket, or to drive to another city to catch a show.

You're splitting hairs over this. What you're not talking about is Taylor's obvious influence on a broad swathe of the population who might well not pay much attention to the election otherwise. That's kinda the point.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

[QUOTE="Deskgrunt50, post: 5202908, member: 3827]"But Roe is certainly an X factor with young women (and the men who love the young women and are also fans) that we didn't have in 2020.[/QUOTE]

Or who understand that they might get someone pregnant unintentionally and be faced with family planning, as the women know is always a possibility.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2024
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

But I was told all the polls said she got killed

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. swingline

I come in peace, you go in pieces.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who told me that you've been eating felines.

12. swingline

Nah, I'm just messing around.

Draft saved Draft deleted