1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

As of Wednesday evening, a custom URL shared by Swift on her Instagram story that expired after 24 hours had directed 405,999 visitors to vote.gov, according to a spokesperson from the General Services Administration (GSA) speaking to USA TODAY on Thursday.

By comparison, in the week leading up to the debate, from Sep 3-9, 2024, vote.gov received about 30,000 visitors a day.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

She wins NC & it's over by 11 PM EST Election Night. Let us hope.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Man, they must have a huge budget for paying crowd fillers. Need to get me one of those gigs next time she’s in Atlanta.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the median annual income for a harris crowd filler is $163,000

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was really worried this was going to be glossed over. I just went through 200 comments making sure i wasn’t the only one who caught that

7. dixiehack

Random celebrity encounters are the (greater) Nashville way.

8. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Same. ... Those were the college days when record stores reopened at midnight on Monday night/Tuesday morning for new releases. A group of us from the school paper post-production went to Cheapo Records in St. Paul to get AFTP. The only single out was "Drive" (which is great). My girlfriend (now wife) and I went back to my place, laid in bed and just listened to it. Are there two better album closers in pop history than "Nightswimming" and "Find the River"?

I Should Coco and Dog8Cats like this.
  9. dixiehack

Nightswimming feels like an elegant love letter to my neuroticism. Beautiful work.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Those may be my two favorite REM songs. Having them back to back at the end of the same album is nuts.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

This truly has been a Scarsdale Surprise!

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Interesting scenario, but I really don't think a post-Trump GOP has a place for the Kinzingers of the world. If Trump had lost in 2016, yeah, and maybe if he'd been crushed in 2020, but anti-Trump Republicans have fled the party and they've been replaced by the people making cat jokes. The 2028 nominee will be as batshit crazy as Trump, not a Romney/McCain clone.

Draft saved Draft deleted