1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And Franklin, York, and Adams counties -- one of which was a state rep that I covered when I was in newspaper. His office got a nice letter from me.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And no 4 p.m. Friday meetings.

Gutter likes this.
  3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If Trump and Vance were truly concerned about hungry Haitian immigrants eating pets, they’d find a way to get them all AR-15s so they could hunt feral hogs.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

W Bush tried that 20+ years ago and it failed once everyone pointed out that employees don’t really have a choice in when they work.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Oh, I’m very concerned about you.

garrow and dixiehack like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In a normal world, a former POTUS taking a 9/11 truther to the 9/11 memorial on 9/11 would be a huge scandal. But in this timeline, Lindsey Graham says "Eh, I wish he wasn't hanging out with Laura Loomer" to which she responds with "Why don't you come out of the closet?" and it's not even a blip on the radar.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I hope he rides that Loomer train all the way to a glorious defeat.

Baron Scicluna, qtlaw, garrow and 6 others like this.
  8. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, we all know she's crazy and we all know he's the U.S. Senate's version of Liberace without the piano.

9. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

One thing I would like Dems and Harris to begin doing more effectively is answering the "question" of, "Why haven't you been doing these things already for the last 3 1/2 years?"

Why can't she say they haven't? In addition to "cleaning up Trump's mess" and "we're not going back," keep pounding how many jobs have come back, admit that inflation was a problem, but they're actively fixing it, and here are examples, and don't let them get away with saying that the U.S. doesn't have the best rebound since, literally, the days of Trump, than anyplace in the world, and keep insisting Trump is the one who killed the border bill (I do think they're doing that well). It seems that's the easiest balance of being proud of your administration while also being able to stay on message as a candidate of change, because Harris would be a "turn the page" candidate no matter what given her age, her demographics and her opponent.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They completely leave out the infrastructure bill and it makes no sense.

11. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Machen Sie sich keine Sorgen, Herr Day – bald wird Florida von Juden, Wissenschaftlern und Liberalen befreit sein!

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted