1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 10, 2024.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Guessing he didn’t slide because he was concerned that he wouldn’t get the first down if they measured from when the slide began.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Damar Hamlin delivered the concussion hit on Tua.

How ... something.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Say ironic. I dare you.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Like rain on a wedding day ... sort of?

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I know everybody loves Uncle Al, but what are we even doing here? His td/big play calls are sleepy at best... and I swear they are on a 3 second delay. He calls a td after the ball carrier has handed the ball to the ref, and halfway into the celebration.

And a fucking Skeets Nehemiah reference? Ronaldo missed the 1980 Olympics because of the boycott.. 44 years ago.

SixToe likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The maddest I ever got at Nick Saban was when he put Tua out there against Mississippi State when he wasn’t mobile enough to protect himself and got a hip fracture for his trouble. And it damn near ended his career because it’s a long helicopter flight out of Starkville to any half-decent hospital.

7. jr/shotglass

You know that's why I tiptoed around it ...

swingline likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed, but do you think he would actually do that? I don't.

jr/shotglass and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. jr/shotglass

The guy obviously loves the game. And anyone who's told they have to voluntarily walk away from a job they love is going to go through some of the stages of grief ... including denial.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

He was awful last night. His little hobby horse with the dynamic kickoff might have been cute the first time (though after one game and one week, it was eye-rolling at best), but to keep at it was ridiculous.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted