1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Did ABC really have an obligation to fact check Harris as much as they did Trump?

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Considering three-quarters of Research I universities in the country are public, I’d say that there most definitely should be tenure at state schools. Nobody without tenure is going to do any kind of research likely to ruffle feathers. The day people get tenure is the day that starts. It’s the day real research begins. Take away tenure, and you take away the balls from most of the public universities in the country. You essentially stifle progress at that point.

3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

This Loomer rumor is starting to catch on, isn't it?

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Enough about when he talked. How about Harris?

garrow likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well you know for sure he's not getting any at home (if he's still capable). Melanoma won't come anywhere near him.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Only if you think the refs have an obligation to call an equal number of holding calls on both defenses.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

IT HAPPENS ON EVERY PLAY!!!!

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The point to what she said about Trump referring to Neo Nazis at Charlottesville as @ dry fine people” being a lie.

Well, there were only two sides there, Neo Nazis and people protesting Neo Nazis. There were no other sides. To say “There were fine people on both sides” is saying Neo Nazis or people who don’t mind standing with Neo Nazis are “very fine people.”

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gavin has been quiet the last few weeks.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You know, at least when Dems spread baseless internet rumors - no actual couches are harmed.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I respectfully don't agree with that. I might even argue the opposite, that tenure has become a tool of conformity.

But I think you did a great job of summarizing, succinctly, the mindset behind tenure: That good research ruffles feathers, and tenure is necessary for progress.

I'd retort that academia has an increasing uniformity in what progress entails and what progressive belief must be. And thus there's a showdown between a group of experts, per academia, who "know best" and a group of people who say, well, no, you don't.

12. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Yeah, but stiflin' progress is the only way we gonna keep the dadgum commies outta 'MuriKKKa!

Draft saved Draft deleted