1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 10, 2024.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Been this way for a few years now. He's been stealing money from Amazon.

2. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

I was one who a few years ago wondered about NBC's handling of Michaels, but I have to say that letting him go when they did looks a lot better than letting it go on too long. Nowadays he's just not close to what he once was.

Al has a reputation for being somewhat difficult, I think it's fair to say. You wonder if they approached him about whether he wanted to set his own timetable and retire with a fond farewell, were told to pound sand or otherwise didn't like what they heard, and decided it was better to get out in front of it.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

All well and good but then NBC botched the landing by elevating Mike Tirico, the Geritol of broadcasting.

4. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

That I won't argue with. Tirico must thank his lucky stars he was smart enough to get caught being sleazy long enough ago that it didn't end his career the way it likely would today.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I...I liked the Renaldo Nehemiah reference. #NoLongerTheYInBYH

FileNotFound and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Maybe he'll throw out a Whizzer White or Crazy Legs Hirsch reference for you next week.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was driving and listening to the game before Tua's injury, thinking "Man, this is bad for Miami - it can't get much worse...." And then it did. I didn't realize Miami is just 6-19 vs. the Bills over the last 10 years. With just one road win. Ouch.

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I'll be content w/a Lester Hayes Stick 'Em reference!

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was going to add going through the coaching staff, nice to see that number of women assistants isn't a fad or something only the "woke" teams do. Analytics, performance coaches, etc. Not just just the coach's administrative assistants. I also appreciate that a number of teams have "Senior assistants" - former head coaches or others with long NFL careers who have probably forgotten more about the NFL than some current coaches know. Hell, Tom Moore is still on a staff.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

When All Things Considered is spending a segment on an NFL injury, you know shit hit the fan .

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

He can't continue to play, right? That's three concussions in three years. See Dave Duerson, Junior Seau and Aaron Hernandez for examples of CTE.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted