1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Lee Enterprises thread

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 12, 2020.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

If Lee does not slow down the hemorrhaging of print revenues they will soon be on-line only. Print revenues are soon going to be essentially zero with that rate of decline so why print?

Readallover likes this.
  2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Why, indeed.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Exactly. The goal is to stop using dead trees.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

If Lee is trying to tank the print side of the shop in order to move to digital only I retract my previous criticism of management. Lee is executing this tank job in an awesome fashion and Kevin Mowbray should be ranked along with executives like William Paley and Katherine Graham as the greatest media managers in American history.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Honestly, they need to cut bait and close their Montana papers if they’re such a financial albatross. Maybe local owners or a nonprofit could step in.

I see the Helena I-R from time to time and it’s embarrassing to read compared to even five years ago.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Is that specific to their Montana papers? Their North Carolina papers are horrendous. The Greensboro News & Record is more likely to have a story about Winston-Salem or Richmond than any actual Greensboro news at this point.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Because I don't live there anymore :( the only thing I see with any regularity is the 406mtsports site, which is an aggregator of all the Lee papers' sports feeds.

Draft saved Draft deleted