1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 3 college football thread: It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Madison World

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 9, 2024.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Plus road trips to Alabama AND Texas.
    If Georgia screws around and loses this, with those two games still ahead of them, is there a non-zero chance it misses the playoffs?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Dart just mashed about six Demons over 15 yards to make it 30-6 in Winston Salem.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I figured it was entirely possible Toledo could beat Mississippi State. I did not see them coming into Starkville and demolishing the Bullies.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

UCLA getting drummed at home has me all kinds of happy.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I have no idea why anyone schedules Toledo. Like Appalachian State or a Dakota team of any ilk, what is the upside? Want to play a MAC school? Pick Akron.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Can Indiana win a game in the Rose Bowl after all these years? First time there since they lost to USC in 1968.

And how many Kentucky students are suddenly rushing back from bars around Lexington, hoping to watch the fourth quarter against Georgia in person?

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

FIFY

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Ok Tennessee...I think we got your point.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sixty-five of them, in fact.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As I said very early in this thread, it was a name-your-score game, considering Kent State lost to Saint Fucking Francis at home last week. Yeesh, 65-0 at half though.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The worst part of Colorado winning is that you know you're going to get aggrieved Deion and Shadeur and Travis, crying about receipts and no respect. Fucking beat someone other than Colorado State and we'll think about it. Fucking cocksmooches.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And this Colorado State team is genuinely awful.

Draft saved Draft deleted