1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 3 college football thread: It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Madison World

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 9, 2024.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If anybody puts up a more impressive performance than Alabama today, I’ll be shocked.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Not much of a town. But I liked the stadium.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve not heard any of that game but for some reason it has to be part of the multiview if I want both the Georgia and Auburn games.

Anyway, they had an extended segment in the first half where they toured the UT body farm. This was the absolute perfect week.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Don’t mind Norman-OKC
    Thought the stadiun was meh.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Was Kent decomposing yet?

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

UT up 64-0 at half
    Spread 75.5
    You taking it?

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

UK up 9-6 in front of 3,800
    That’s embarrassing.

8. dixiehack

Vols just kicked a field goal, so guilt isn’t a factor.

9. dixiehack

Kent State averaging 0.8 yards per play. I could fall on top of my center and get a whole yard.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Indiana is destroying UCLA at the Rose Bowl, 35-13 midway through the fourth quarter, and just got what should be the clinching interception. The officiating is terrible. Indiana got called for the worst roughing the passer penalty I have ever seen, on a play in which the QB didn't even throw the football because he was getting sacked, and several bogus holding calls.

Yes, officiating is tough. But the players deserve better than what they're getting in this game.

UCLA was a prime mover in the dissolution of the Pac-12. I hope they lose every freaking week. Chip Kelly bailed at just the right time.

And either they gave away tickets tonight, or there are thousands of Indiana fans there. Other than the USC game, the Rose Bowl hasn't looked that full in years.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Neyland had some dorms in the bowels of the stadium when I was there. Hallways always smelled like Formaldehyde.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My wife oohing and ahing over Indiana ‘s quarterback they stole from my alma mater isn’t annoying or anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted