1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 10, 2024.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucking wonderful.

4th and 8 for the game and the Lions call a 5 yard pass in the middle of the field with the receiver going to his knees to catch it.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Seeing Dallas getting bent over at home is one of the sexiest things I’ve ever seen

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I feel like 18-18 is the platonic ideal of a Giants-Commies score. Praying for a scoreless OT.

4. Starman

Lions got the ball back and they're still calling 5 yard screens inside the hashmarks.

5. Starman

Had they completed that pass the clock would have run out.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Will Levis is really bad at football.

7. Starman

Final play of the game, need a touchdown to win, you call a pass to the middle of the field

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This Titans fanboi came into the season solidly reserving judgment.
    I’ve seen all I need to see to agree completely with you.

9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Jared Goff is a low-IQ quarterback. I don't give a shit how close the Lions were to the Super Bowl. If there's a chance that the dumbest possible play could be made, he'll do it.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Levis is probably goimg to be a decent backup in this league. Fine on your roster and if you need him for 2-3 games, he's serviceable, but nothing beyond that.

In the QB Draft probabiliy board, the Titans are upgrading from "likely" to "definitely"

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Did the Commandos just win a game with seven FGs?

dixiehack likes this.
  12. Starman

Goff wss terrible but the play calling was fucking stupid. Dink and dunk screen passes in the middle of the field to receivers going to their knees when you MUST have a touchdown.

Even when you complete the pass, you gain no yardage and the clock runs. Even when it "works", it doesn't work.

Draft saved Draft deleted