1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 3 college football thread: It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Madison World

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 9, 2024.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Money always talks, and I'm sure he'll let his name get out there to extort another raise from Ole Miss. And with the portal and the name recognition of both Kiffin and Florida, rebuilding would be easier than it might seem on the surface. Still, you wonder if he'd look at the organizational mess he'd be stepping into and decide he'd rather be a king at Ole Miss than on the clock to navigate a stacked SEC and win a national championship at Florida.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Kiffin makes 9 million per year through 29 and every seven win season extends it a year

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Kiffin and the Gators are a match made in Heaven and I really hope it doesn’t happen.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Was there, in fact, a Trustees meeting today?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Unlike most of the Trumpist states, Florida does have (had?) public records laws requiring meetings to be posted, etc.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was looking at some early lines like I always do on Sunday evening, and seeing that Florida State is a 2.5 point favorite against a Cal team that is a not-soft 3-0. How is that possible?

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Maybe FSU has some hope, DJ was 19-25 for 275 and five TDs against Cal last year. Of course, he was on a better team then than FSU has now.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Second East Coast trip in three weeks for a Cal team not used to success. Everything about that game screams stay away like it was a knuckleball punt.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

All of that versus a team in complete freefall with a struggling quarterback.
    I'll take Cal and the points, and most likely on the money line.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kiffin would be wise to stay at Ole Miss - wait until he gets flagged by the NCAA, (though I have no idea what the NCAA flags programs for anymore) - then move on. Florida will have "expectations" I doubt Ole Miss has ever fired a coach with a winning record. They either get bounced because they lose or get caught up in hijinks. Make the Playoff every two years or so, win a playoff game every three or four years and he can coast into retirement. But I think he'll take another dip into the NFL before long - if the deal and owner is good enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted