1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 10, 2024.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yeah, on that last sack, Houston ran a very basic stunt with their two DTs, and the two Bears guards and center all blocked one guy while the other one ran free and stuffed Williams.

2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Bears guard #76 has a major issue picking up the free pass rusher. He might want to start doing that.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I hope the Department of Corrections facility where they stole these uniforms get them back clean and stain-free.

I Should Coco and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The Panthers need a new owner and new culture. The rot is all the way to the foundation.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

From this morning’s Teams chat at work:

I saw a meme that said the Giants/Panthers game in Munich is Germany’s last punishment for WWII.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Pacheco fractured fibula.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Wow. Guess the Chiefs' running game is about to get Steeley.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is interesting to realize QBs can save their job, just by winning enough games to keep their team out of the top of the draft. And how much does it suck when a team discovers their QB of the future, really has no future, but you stick with him because he's cheap. And really has to be brutal to be Cleveland seeing Mayfield doing well, heck the Panthers had Mayfield AND Darnold on their rosters in recent years.
    The Giants are on their third HC since they retired Coughlin ( who they'd been hoping to sack, but he went and won two SBs) I don't know how an organization that was once so vaunted seems to be incapable of making a good football decision at any level.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

But they looked so smart on Hard Knocks: Offseason!

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Neither Mayfield nor Darnold played well for the Panthers, but that could easily have been a function of the team around them. Both the Panthers and the Browns made terrible decisions leading them to their current issues at quarterback. The Browns deserve every bit of pain they get for going after Watson. They knew what he was and they still begged him to come there. When he said no, they gave him that ridiculous guaranteed contract. They even structured it in such a way that his lengthy suspension barely cost him any money. All this so they could move on from Mayfield, who is currently a much better player. That is some wonderful karma.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2024 at 11:41 AM
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Even Coughlin was kind of mediocre. He only won 10+ games four times in 12 seasons. People forget that both Super Bowl runs involved getting hot at the right time. They only played two home playoff games during Coughlin's entire tenure. He was just good enough to not get fired.
    Point being, I guess, that they've been mostly mediocre since Parcells retired and had two or three flashes of brilliance mixed with a couple of teams of destiny.

Draft saved Draft deleted