1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2024 golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, Jan 2, 2024.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sunday was interesting for longer than it should have been. Basically the U.S. kicked ass the first day and then held on for dear life over the weekend.

I'm not a fan of Lexi and she's lucky that her 1-3 record didn't matter in the end. So many horses on the U.S. side and maybe the pendulum will swing back this way for a while.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Lexi was taking some flat out beaver pelts off those fairways.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

IF only Lexi had Khang’s fire or Vu’s calm….

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ally Ewing is a fine player, but man, she's had a rough go of it at the Solheim Cup. 0-4 this year, 3-12-1 overall.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Why does she get 4 matches and Khang only 3?!?!

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Lewis' explanation was that she wanted to give Ewing and Kupcho another shot together in foursomes. It was probably her only misstep of the weekend, as far as captain's choices go.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I get it if we’re talking about Korda or another stud but mot someone lifetime 3-9-1

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They played well together at the Dow partners event, that was the reasoning. (Not saying I agree, just reporting what I heard.)

10. playthrough

11. playthrough

PGA Tour’s Saudi Deal Drags On With Players Arguing Over Pay

Some PGA Tour players reportedly want LIV players to give their LIV money back before returning to the Tour. Now that's effing rich, no pun intended. If you leave my shop for big money at a shiny new journalism startup that crashes (hey that never happens), then you wanna come back to my shop, I have no right to demand you surrender that startup money first. Infact you should punch me in the nose if I even ask.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I know touring pros are entitled people, and most don't pay much attention to the higher finance of their own business (for reasonable cause, just playing well enough to make money is hard enough), but are they aware that LIV holds the whip hand in this negotiation, to wit, unlimited funds (by golf standards)? This is gonna be a merger, not a surrender ceremony, and one rule about mergers is, none of the parties lose money in the deal. If they do, there's no deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted