1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of "The Bear" but have to agree with this post. Maybe they to need add a category.

"Jeremy Allen White is an amazing actor in a great show… who hasn’t delivered one funny line in three seasons. The #Emmys are broken. Martin Short, Steve Martin & Larry David are three of the funniest humans ever. Comedy needs to be factored into Best Actor in a COMEDY Series,” one user pointed out, indicating that they don’t believe The Bear is a comedy.

qtlaw likes this.
  2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"Tulsa King" back for Season 2. Good mindless TV with the timeless thespian Sylvester Stallone.

MTM likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’m a huge Bear fan but I’ve never thought it was a comedy nor White a comedic actor.

garrow, part-timer and jr/shotglass like this.
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Laraine's quite right. No argument with that. But that tweet was in pretty poor taste anyway.

I am glad Hacks got its due with the Outstanding Comedy Series. Jean Smart and Hannah Einbinder are both outstanding in that.

OscarMadison and Webster like this.
  6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Comedy or drama this past season wasn’t nearly good enough to sweep the number of awards that Bear did

7. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

It was from last season.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Hacks is awesome as are the two leads. Haven't seen the most recent season...or any of the Bear.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I watched "Cop Land" recently and Sly clearly has a lack of subtlety in his acting.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Warning: Last day for "Slap Shot" on Netflix is Sept. 30.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024 at 7:27 PM
    OscarMadison likes this.
  12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I've seen it dozens of times. Might need "dozens+1" soon ... a refresher before the season starts. (But I did watch all three Ducks rookies games streaming through their website the past few days. It is going to be different getting used to the orange uniforms.)

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted