1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 10, 2024.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Well if the Panthers had to go in on a new quarterback, it's better for them in 2025 because we know there's no way in hell the Manning family will allow Arch to play for that team in 2026.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Little Bryce Young jumping up to throw passes over the line looked real bad.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, he's not wrong.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think it would not be a dumb idea for a team potentially needing a QB next year - and there are more than a few to offer a third round pick for Bryce Young. Just judging from the success of other QBs trapped in horrible organizations who find success elsewhere.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And he went to Auburn, so you shouldn't expect thoughtful answers.

three_bags_full likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Well, he said "threw" rather than "throwed" so the year at Oregon wasn't a waste.

Batman, I Should Coco, Chef2 and 6 others like this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I just saw the condensed game. NYG score 6 to make it 18-15 and they go for 2?? WTF?? WHY???? Kick the extra point and you're up 19-15 and even if they kick a FG you're still ahead. Someone explain this, was their kicker hurt?

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yes, Graham Gano was hurt and couldn't go. Now that's on Brian Daboll and Joe Schoen because they have a kicker on the practice squad. I believe Gano let them know in time that they could have activated him.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's worse than that -- he was active and got injured on the opening kickoff. They had the punter try the first extra point, it was terrible so they just went for two after the next two TDs.

da man likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So glad he was able to go to Eugene and overcome the stigmatism.

da man likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Did I miss the meeting where they flipped a switch and started calling them choice routes instead of option routes?

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I like the Falcons facemasks. /11 year old TigerVols.

Draft saved Draft deleted