1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Every major media outlet - just watched ABC News - continue to call it an "assassination attempt." I don't think it's semantics that a shot never fired and Trump never in sight equates to an attempt. Seems like better Secret Service work, and they caught the guy without trouble. Didn't they essentially stop it before it ever became an attempt?

This seems like a different kind of horse racing.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I've (fortunately) seen headlines putting "assassination attempt" in quotes. It's something.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course if we had an actual attorney general in the office we could expect indictments by mid-October of actual Fatfuck organization operatives in connection with arranging, inciting or facilitating the "assassination attempts."

Given that it's the whimpering ladydog Merrick Garland, I'm sure they're on schedule to bring charges the weekend before Thanksgiving. In 2028.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Even “assasination plot” is probably giving it too much credit, but I’d be willing to go with it if I were working desk.

Webster likes this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I hate the word "plot." Makes it sound like there was a concerted effort between multiple people, which plays right into Trump's paranoia. His screech machine is already at 11, and I'm certain we'll have serious violence before Voting Day because he's a tinpot Mafioso-lite and his minions see "FIGHT!" and think he's actually giving them the call to action.

Dude with gun who waited for 12 hours and never fired a shot has been arrested more than 100 times. He's a loony. Sadly, the number of these nuts is increasingly evident with every one who pops up like a Whack-a-Mole. Never mind the actual dangerous Klan, Three Percenters and Militias out there role-playing Army in the woods every weekend.

Somebody's going to go Tim McVeigh in the next 50 days. Heaven help us all.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

jr/shotglass likes this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The play of the trump campaign is pretty clear. Things aren’t going particularly well, so now it’s the rhetoric of the Dems causing this. They just need voters to ignore that these two people are mentally ill. And that the thing yesterday wasn’t an actual “assassination” attempt.

They want Harris and the democrats to stop campaigning. It’s absurd.

Sweet Jesus the entire Asshole Circus is as stale as it is exhausting. Just beat this fucking guy in November and make it stop.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I have asked MAGA friends with military backgrounds about this ... repeatedly. They never answer, never say anything more than, "Well, I just like him. He loves America." Drives me crazy.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Harris should stop campaigning out of respect for the dear god emperor who is bravely putting his life on the line every day.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted