1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 10, 2024.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

3.) Mike Brown stumbling his way into an incredible young core and being his usual cheapskate self when it's time to extend those players

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Belichick has been a great addition to the show.

qtlaw likes this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Belichick got me back to the Manningcast. But I returned to the regular broadcast before Miles Teller showed up.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

It was both parties' fault. It was his fourth year and the team needed to find out whether he was worth extending, and Baker needed to prove he was worth extending. Because he refused to sit and they refused to sit him, nobody found out. We're finding out now, of course.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The owners were never going to let that happen. They couldn't agree on the word "outlier" fast enough when news of that contract broke.

I get what you are saying, which is pretty close to what I've been saying for years. Every team has bad guys, including star players. To me, it's different when you don't just go out and get one when the whole world knows he is a dirtbag, you pretty much get down on your knees and beg him to be part of your franchise.

6. outofplace

I get that, but it was his team running his system.

7. outofplace

All of that is fair, but that is why you don't let players decide if they can play through an injury. Sure, they can't force a player to have surgery, but they could have told him to sit his ass down until he has it done.

Draft saved Draft deleted