1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: 20,000 migrants in Springfield, Ohio.

There were that many empty housing units in a town of less than 75,000?

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

“They’re evicting the pets!”

HanSenSE and TigerVols like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For those of us on the younger side of Gen X, we probably have mostly sunny memories of the Reagan years, particularly as things started vibing around 83-84 and America just felt like a happy place. Even today I can look back at the things Reagan did and know I mostly would not support them now, but I will always have fond if hazy memories of him personally.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I entered the workforce full time in 1983, and it just seemed my employers were always expanding, always hiring for the next 7-8 years. Of course, beginning in 1986 I lived in a county that was growing by more than 800 people EVERY DAY with thousands of brand new homes being built and stretching out almost to the Everglades.

Our paper's Saturday edition (with real estate ads) was bigger than our Sunday edition. We bragged about having the nation's largest classified section, and it was true.

I bought my first piece of property in 1986, with an interest rate of 10%. Sure weren't many complaints about the economy at that time.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024 at 4:58 PM
    Driftwood and maumann like this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Maybe schedule a physical checkup. Reagan was horseshit from stem to stern, calling ketchup a vegetable for school lunches, his and Nancy' dysfunctional family, her imbecilic "Just Say No" anti-drug campaign, and his psychopathic proposal that "with enough shovels" (to bury ourselves) we could survive a nuclear war. Oh, they say, he did manage to get the Soviets to bankrupt themselves into oblivion. Oh wait - we did the same thing.

Fukc that guy, who was a Red baiter and rpaed a starlet when he was in Hollywood.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Remember, children: JV Vance is fine.

7. dixiehack

Shit, Reagan pushed through giving what amounted to amnesty to millions of illegal Mexican immigrants and after a little bit of back and forth angst the country just sort of said “Fine” and got on with life.

Wonder how many of those millions became todays conservative Latino voters who don’t want to admit any more Hispanics because “They don’t do it the right way like us”?

8. dixiehack

The summer of 84, which was when his approval really kicked into high gear, I was 8. Do you think anybody besides Starman has nuanced political opinions at 8? Hell naw.

Now how many of those former 8-year-olds follow politics carefully and how many regard it as something as easily comprehensible as Italian opera or quantum mechanics?

You don’t have to like the guy at all to think about the paychology behind this stuff. For that matter, some of why Millenials are a much more progressive generation probably can be traced to growing up under Clinton, even if he wasn’t all that conservative in the grand scheme.

Driftwood and wicked like this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Probably most of them. I don't know why conservatives are against these people, many of whom come from extremely Catholic countries. Then you add in the South Florida Cubans who religiously vote Republican and it would be a no-brainer for me if I was GOP.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

When numbers don't matter:

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Della9250

More fallout from Springfield nonsense

12. Della9250

But I was told there was someone who was going to give IVF to everyone and yet here is his party doing this

Draft saved Draft deleted