1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, you know why.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

His commitment to the bit might be unparalleled

garrow likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

She's right, it is a crying shame for that community. For families in Springfield, 2024 (at least the last half of it) will be remembered like another Covid year, just a total effing waste. I hope their 2025 is blessedly boring.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Autobots’ main enemies, the Projecticons.

garrow and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The 2020 census for Clark County, Ohio, of which Springfield is a part of, was 136,001. According to the Clark County website current population, four years later, is 138,333. I also checked the enrollment of the Springfield City schools. Pre-pandemic it was about 7,000. Now it is about 7,400, or a six percent increase. So I don't know how local officials got to a 20,000 number, or even 12,000.

Furthermore, the county residents said they had no say in admitting these migrants. I would bet that every one of the warehouses required some form of zoning request which locally elected county officials, hungry for tax revenue, approved. I also bet that there was great fanfare and celebration when the warehouses were approved about the additional jobs that would be created. I also read the county wanted to turn around its decades long population decline, which has happened.

When black people showed up to fill these jobs it was decided by some locals that an invasion had occurred, rather than that an econ rebirth of their community. I admit I can not explain why these people hold these opinions.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024 at 6:49 PM
    qtlaw, garrow, Deskgrunt50 and 2 others like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess it just means more to ABC. It isn't like Ackman isn't "familiar" with the Securities and Exchange Commission. They've become quite close over his career as a hedge fund guy.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh sure it'll go somewhere.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

"Exhausting, harmful and hateful" is perfect messaging by Harris against trump.

Draft saved Draft deleted