1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2024 golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, Jan 2, 2024.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Masters.org has a bunch of segmented feeds -- Amen Corner, a featured group, holes 4-6, the live broadcast on ESPN or CBS. I don't know if you'll be able to watch the PPlus feed on the app. But yes, Masters has by far one of the best apps out there.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That will be interesting to see re: PPlus. The additional weekend hours would surely drive subscriptions but the lords of Augusta make sure everything is free on the app or their website.

Either way, as always, the tooooonamint can't get here fast enough.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Moving from one big event to the next ... the U.S. Mid-Amateur is in town. Practice rounds tomorrow and Friday (I'll be handling some starting duties for the rounds at Independence), championship proper begins Saturday. The biggest month in Virginia golf in a very long time...

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

"FORE, PLEASE!"

playthrough and MileHigh like this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We’re not the USGA, but we send out starting times for our biggest championships well before the event. Getting quite frustrated that they haven’t sent those out by now considering the Mid-Am starts at like 7 on Saturday. Trying to plan a coverage schedule but it’s not easy considering we’ll have guys spread out over two qualifying sites. A little disappointing, though if I’m being honest.

MileHigh and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted