1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Speaking of conversations that go on for a while …

If you have 45 minutes you can devote to it, listen to this Fresh Air interview. It was a methodical evisceration of his phony record as a business tycoon. The NYT writers who got a Pulitzer for investigating his leaked tax returns expanded on it for a book called Lucky Loser.

https://www.npr.org/2024/09/17/g-s1...-the-myth-of-trump-as-a-self-made-billionaire

I am under no illusion that this will change the mind of any rube who has hung in there with him for this long. But it is very cathartic and also a pretty good insight into how all of this could really unravel for him if he doesn’t win, even if he never makes it to prison.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Thanks for this post.
    Spermy Fingered Cockfloggers is our new band name.

Coming soon in bookstores all across the heartland.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Plus with the review blurb:
    "I always had a feeling about that thug."

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

matt_garth and garrow like this.
  7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I'm not confident she'll win Georgia. Not saying she can't but this is still a Republican state with a big city of Democrats in the middle. Trump's still polling ahead right now.

wicked likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

A bit embarrassed to admit I've been looking at fivethirtyeight's numbers fairly regularly.

Here's what I don't get. Do the pollsters NOT understand that it's the electoral college that matters? Almost none of them deal with that. They're all about popular vote.

I'm much more concerned about the looks of the electoral college, and Harris/Walz definitely still have some work to do on that count.

wicked, maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They are doing a poor job of displaying it this year, but you can find individual state averages. Try Googling “(state goes here) polls” for the swing state you are interested in and it should come up within the first 2-4 organic results.

Yeah I’m bad about checking too.

10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

This is 538's forecast model, and if you scroll down, you'll see the individual states.

Who Is Favored To Win The 2024 Presidential Election?

Edit to add: 538's "Closest Races" has updated to include Florida on its front page and bump Wisconsin by a 10th of a point (R+3.2 vs D+3.3)

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You just have to use the dropdowns/filters. No, there's no single handy-dandy map that shows all the states with all the averages showing the big picture on that site.

Georgia : President: general election : 2024 Polls

Pennsylvania : President: general election : 2024 Polls

Arizona : President: general election : 2024 Polls

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted