1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

So that's where all the Turner Broadcasting Blackberrys went.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess I'm glad Israel is on our side.

I kind of wonder if that is why you don't see a lot of protests against Hezbolah or Hamas - people just think they are too stupid to make an astute political decision that doesn't involve their people dying.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Next thing you know, two tin cans and a string will become a Bangalore torpedo.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

At first, I marveled at the Breaking Bad-like craziness this attack entailed.

That's before I read about the scale of the attack and how many innocent people were caught in the crossfire. The scale of injury is in the thousands, not all of them being Hezbollah. Even if they are Hezbollah, it's an attack done without warning and without regard to whether someone innocent could be killed or maimed in the crossfire.

If a body recognized as a terrorist organization did something on even a nano-scale to what Israel did today, they'd be ostracized as killing without regard to bystanders caught in the crossfire. Israel doesn't deserve some sort of pass for doing the same thing.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Israel does deserve some pass. Twice it was attacked by its neighbors trying to erase the country from the map. There are multiple incidents of Israel being attacked by terrorists outside of Israel. Hamas and Hezbollah shoot missiles indiscriminately.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What exactly was the point of it?

Of what tactical or strategic value was it?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Isn't it better than blowing up a building to get at a terrorist?

Some of the leaders of these groups think they are untouchable. Maybe this is a way to show them the aren't and take out some terrorist operatives in the process.

Azrael likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Maybe.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Killing people who expressly state that Israel should not exist. Good enough reason for me.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I saw a video of a few of these. I doubt the casualty numbers. At most, the explosions looked like M-80s going off in someone's pocket. Significant, sure. Real injuries and perhaps death - but people standing right next to one of the victims walked away.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

New wave of explosions in Lebanon.

Draft saved Draft deleted