1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd love to see an ad with Clinton, Obama and Biden seriously talking about the job as President, how you make decisions and need the best information available because you are putting people in harms way. And intercut their comments with Trump touting bleach, dog eaters in Springfield and other conspiracy theories he pulls out of his ass.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'd love to know the last time someone -- anyone -- said to Trump, "Do you know how crazy you sound?"

One possible answer, of course, is that NOBODY has ever said that to him.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He ain't listening regardless.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Agreed. They need to get it to a point where they win most of their states by margins bigger than those that call for a mandatory recount and where a state or two won by a razor-margin, such as Georgia in 2020, won't matter to the bottom line.
    I still don't think any shenanigans post-election will go very far. Remember that Trump still failed to throw the election to the House or get any states overturned despite controlling the government apparatus. The Dems hold that now and Harris will preside over the certification on Jan. 6.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’d like to see her campaign in Ga some more. Maybe they are counting on the GOTV effort

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I thought Susie Wiles would be able to exert some kind of control. She's a solid political operative and not known to be a flame-thrower. Wonder how she sleeps at night.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Which is the worst decision made by the Republican Party:
    Palin or Vance?

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

My grandmother was a Democrat. My grandfather was a coal miner in Western Pa., and a Democrat, UMW shop steward, never finished high school. Republicans to them were the stuffed shirts such as the Rockefellers. If they were alive I'd like to think they'd laugh their asses off at a billionaire trying to act like he's a man of the people.

matt_garth, Driftwood and wicked like this.
  10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There's a school of thought that Palin unleashed the kind of vitriol that led to the Tea Party and MAGA. I think history might not be kind to her.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Palin. She was a bad fit with McCain and made people question his judgment.

Vance is an imbecile, but I'm not sure he costs Trump a single vote.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Palin opened the door for Vance as well as the grifting we've seen for the last 15 years. It showed that she was an unhinged idiot and that there was a market out there of unhinged idiots that they could pander to and make money from.

Draft saved Draft deleted