1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yes.

Palin was a dunce, but Obama was probably winning that race anyway, especially after the bailouts. Vance may be a tipping point in this one.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Palin was on a losing ticket. Too early to tell about Vance.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And if they did, we know he wouldn't listen. But the GQP is the party of telling the emperor how wonderful his new outfit is 24/7.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I was seriously considering voting for McCain until he picked Palin. There's no circumstance under which I ever would vote for Trump. I think I'm not alone in that regard.

Regardless, McCain had better options. I'm not sure Trump did - certainly not among the other names that were being thrown around.

OscarMadison, Driftwood and Liut like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Palin. She was doomed from the start when she couldn't even name the papers she read every day.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The key isn’t persuading fatf*ck; he’s a self centered clown and has been his whole life.

What’s tremendously disappointing is that there are smart people financing him and they’re the ones that are blindly supporting him. Those assholes are what has wrought this disaster. They think they’re safe in their estate homes but the fascists will come for them too soon enough. (History right?)

OscarMadison, matt_garth and UNCGrad like this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The National Enquirer, the Weekly World News …

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Was the Epoch Times around back then?

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I would have voted for McCain with a decent VP candidate. I can't imagine what the Dems would have to run out to get me to vote for Trump. Vance cements that. As an Ohioan, I am terrified of that guy being a heartbeat away.

gingerbread and Liut like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Entering the stretch of the race, Melania has an important announcement - nude modeling is art.

x.com

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

McCain was desperate. Obama came off a strong convention in Denver in which they moved his acceptance speech in front of nearly 80,000 people at Mile High. He thought choosing a woman would be the ticket. Obviously, he was dead wrong. Then the financial crisis hit and that was it.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I can’t think of anyone running for any party who would cause me to vote for Trump. I just wouldn’t vote for that election.

That’s an issue Harris might face: Will voters who will not vote for Trump go to the polls to vote for her and will they do that in the states which matter?

Draft saved Draft deleted