1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

Assuming you're talking about pre-1960s, the Dems also had the Jim Crow vote locked up. Now that's 100% Republican.
    It was an unusual coalition -- organized labor and the KKK. In Chicago, we had the machine and all the corruption one-party rule could muster. The "good government" leaders were suburban Republicans like Charles Percy and Richard Ogilvie. Mike Royko used to call them "goo-goos" as he was descending deep into alcoholism.

gingerbread likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's a mindset that still permeates the Republicans, IMO: Female voters like Hillary. So let's nominate a woman for veep, they'll rally behind her!

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So when CFTFG visited Stormy Daniels, he was going to an art exhibit?

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Trump would immediately DARVO that right back to the questioner. I've unfortunately seen enough of the narcissist playbook over several decades to know exactly how that'd go.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Does anyone find it weird that we barely hear a peep about what Walz is doing on the trail? I see plenty of coverage about Vance (maybe because he is so unlikable) but the only time I seem to hear about Walz is joint appearances with Harris.

Maybe he’s doing deep dive persuasion and not flashier public events, or maybe the media just doesn’t cover him. But he was so effective from the first burst of Zoom calls through the convention and now he’s barely on the radar.

wicked likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

as a principled conservative i will write in john ronald kasich reagan

matt_garth and garrow like this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Haven't you figured out they only cover people when they say stupid shit?

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’ll never understand the costumes. The trumpers all decked out in the cheap crap he peddles.

I’ve never owned an item of clothing with anything political on it. Or a hat. Or a bumper sticker. Or a yard sign.

9. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

He was in Wausau a couple days ago to fire up volunteers.
    Wausau is a union paper mill town, similar to the mining community Hondo wrote about in a recent post. In the '70s it became a destination for Hmong refugees. Unsurprisingly, the Hmong have struggled. Minority fear, IMO, moved Wausau rightward.
    The Dems are very smart in hitting a city like Wausau. I hope they hit it again.

gingerbread, OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

He had great turnout at a rally in Asheville yesterday (in the rain) and it's been all over my social media feeds and local media. For what it's worth, I'm four hours away in Durham so it's not exactly a local story, either.

I think he just doesn't say the kind of stupid shit that Vance does that gets him air time.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I can be down with that.

For the campaign as a whole, I’m a little surprised they haven’t spent much time on Arizona and Nevada lately. If Pennsylvania turns sour, they will need one of those two along with Georgia or N.C.

gingerbread and franticscribe like this.
  12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Voted for John McCain in 2008. Didn't vote in 2012, wrote in John Kasich in 2016.
    Didn't vote in 2020 ... since it was a shit show.
    Registered but an unlikely participant in Nov. Harris will win my state and it won't be close.
    Someone mentioned the late Colin Powell up thread. Would have voted for him in a heartbeat regardless of party.

gingerbread likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted